- Michel Badré, President of the Ethics Committee. Graduate engineer of Ecole Polytechnique - Ecole nationale du Génie rural, des Eaux et des Forêts, Vice-President of the Joint INRAE-CIRAD-IFREMER-IRD Ethics Advisory Committee since 2016; member of the board of directors of the Humanité et Biodiversité Association; member of the Economic, Social and Environmental Council (CESE) from 2015 to 2021, Vice-President from 2018 to 2021 in the group of environmental associations; member of the Commission Particulière du Débat Public and president of the orientations commission of the radioactive matter and waste management plan since 2020; former president of the Autorité environnementale (2009-2014).
- Bernadette Bensaude-Vincent, Vice-President of the Ethics Committee. Professor emeritus at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne at the Centre d’études des techniques des connaissances et des pratiques; Professor of Philosophy and Doctor of Arts and Humanities. Member of the Joint INRAE-CIRAD-IFREMER-IRD Ethics Advisory Committee since 2016 and of the Ethics and Society Committee of Andra since 2020. Member of the editorial board of the International Journal for the Philosophy of Chemistry (HYLE). Member of the French national committee of History and Philosophy of Sciences. Member of the French Academy of Technologies.
- Madeleine Akrich, research director at MINES ParisTech (Center for the Sociology of Innovation - CSI), graduate engineer of MINES ParisTech and Doctor of Socioeconomics of Innovation.
- Céline Boudet, Ineris, scientific coordinator, risk assessment specialist in health and environment (epidemiology, toxicology, biostatistics).
- Catherine Boyen, CNRS research director, PhD in Plant Biology. Director of the Roscoff Marine Station (Research and training centre in marine biology and ecology, Sorbonne University-CNRS. Main research subjects: marine biology, biology of algae, genomics, evolution, microbiomes, marine biodiversity, and marine biotechnology.
- Denis Couvet, Professor at the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle, President of the Fondation pour la recherche sur la biodiversité, Associate Professor at Lausanne University and at Sciences-po Paris, agricultural engineer, Doctor in Evolutionary Sciences and Ecology.
- Mireille Dosso, Director of the Pasteur Institute of the Ivory Coast, Professor of Microbiology.
- Mark Hunyadi, Professor of Social and Political Philosophy at the Université Catholique de Louvain; Associate Professor at the Institut des Mines-Télécom Paris (IMT) and at EHESS; member of the Ethics Committee of Orange; member of the Steering Committee of the Mobile Lives Forum.
- Louis-Etienne Pigeon, Philosopher specializing in environmental ethics, Doctor of Philosophy from Laval University (Quebec, Canada), Assistant Professor at Laval University.
- Marie-Geneviève Pinsart, Philosopher, Professor in Applied Ethics at the Université Libre de Bruxelles. Member of the Ethics Advisory Committee for research in partnership (CCERP) of the IRD.
- Pere Puigdomènech, Research Professor at the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) at the Molecular Biology Institute of Barcelona, Doctor in Biological Sciences.
- Youba Sokona, Professor, 40 years of experience in the field of water, energy, environment and sustainable development in Africa. Participation in IPCC working groups since 1990; elected Vice-Chair of the IPCC in October 2015. Successively co-founder of the ENDA-TM energy programme, executive secretary of the Sahara and Sahel Observatory (OSS), and coordinator of the African Climate Policy Centre (ACPC). Principal advisor for sustainable development at the South Centre until 2020. Member of the African Academy of Sciences.
- Hervé Théry, Geographer, Associate Professor at the University of Sao Paulo (Brazil), Research Director emeritus at the CNRS.
Secretariat of the INRAE-CIRAD-IFREMER-IRD Ethics Committee
The secretariat of the committee is provided jointly by the 4 organisations, the administrative support is provided by INRAE.
INRAE: Christine Charlot, Secretary General, with the support of Nathalie Hermet
CIRAD: Philippe Feldmann, Marie de Lattre-Gasquet
IFREMER& Marianne Alunno-Bruscia
The IRD joined the Joint INRAE-CIRAD-IFREMER Ethics Committee in 2020. The Committee has been meeting since 2016 and has formulated 3 opinions, pursuing the work of the INRA-CIRAD Ethics Committee which had published 9 opinions.